How to check Income Tax Refund Status
It is essential to know PAN and assessment year to check your income tax refund status. There are mainly two ways of checking the Income Tax Refund Status.
The main ways of checking the Income Tax Refund status are :
Income Tax E-filing Portal
- The TIN NSDL Portal
The Process to check Income Tax Refund through E-filing website :
Follow the given steps to get refund status via E-Filing Website:
Log on to the website of e-Filing portal.
Log in your User ID/ PAN/ Aadhar, password, date of birth or date of incorporation.
Enter the Captcha Code displayed on the screen
Navigate to ‘My Account’ Section’
Click on the ‘Refund/ Demand Status’ option.
- Your refund status will appear on the screen
The process to check Income Tax Refund through TIN NSDL Website :
Log on to the website of https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refund-status-pan.html.
Enter your PAN, Assessment year, and Captcha Code
- Click on ‘Proceed’ to check the status of refund
Popular Modes of getting Income Tax Refund :
How to do direct credit of Income Tax Refund Amount
One can get Income tax refund via NECS/RTGS
To get tax refund amount credit immediately
- It includes the communication address, bank account, and branch ‘s IFSC code.
- This will make the transmission of income tax refunds simple and effective.
5 Year Tax-saving FD:
Post office deposit schemes are a lot similar of fixed deposits offered by banks. The duration of these schemes could range from 1-5 year, but only the interest earned on five-year post office time deposit schemes are eligible for tax deductions under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
How to Request for Refund Reissue?
The steps to request for refund issue are given below:
Click on the link
Filing/User login/LoginHome.html and enter your User ID, Password, date of birth, and the captcha code to login.
- Go to 'My Account' and then click on 'Service Request'
- Click on 'New Request' under the 'Request Type' category, and select the option 'Refund Reissue' under 'Request Category'.
A screen will appear which will contain the acknowledgment number for every financial year during which you filed your Income Tax. Click on 'Submit' under the 'Response' section for the year you want the refund.
Fill in details such as your Bank Account Number, Account Type, IFSC Code, Bank Name, and then click on 'Submit'.
- The amount will then be refunded to your bank account after a few days.