Income Tax Portal
On 20th May, 2021, the Central Board of Direct Taxes launched the new Income Tax Portal
The portal comers with a new design and helps in completing all tax-related task in a seamless manner.
The Steps to use the new Income Tax Portal :
Log on to the website of Income Tax Department-
- On the homepage, you can view the respective tab to know details regarding your refund deductions, applicable forms, and the process to file ITR. The tabs can be found at the top of the page.
- You can also scroll down to view services like refund status, Aadhaar linking, ITR status, and last but not least e-verification.
- At the bottom of the page, you can find videos also that will help you know more about the website. User manuals and FAQs are also provided.
- To avail of the above-mentioned services, the registration process must be completed. Once you complete the registration process and log in, you will have access to the below-mentioned services:
- Refund/ reissue and rectification services.
- You can explore the e-return intermediary.
- You can fill the relevant forms and file your tax returns.
- Unfinished proceedings can be completed and complaints can be made.
How to link PAN and Aadhaar to New Income Tax Portal :
Log on to the website as mentioned here
- After that, click on the section ‘our services’, you will find the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option, click on it.
- On the next page, enter the PAN, Aadhaar number, name (as mentioned on Aadhaar), and mobile number.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- An OTP will be sent on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and complete the process.
Benefits and Features of New Income Tax Portal :
- Mobile App friendly :
The new Income tax portal is mobile app friendly, where all main functions will be present so that a tax payer can use it anywhere and anytime.
- Varied payment options :
To ensure that taxes can be paid easily, government has given many payment options in this new income tax portal such as net banking, UPI, credit card, and NEFT/RTGS.
- One dashboard :
All pending actions, interactions, and uploads are visible at same place in the dashboard. Along with that, a follow-up action plan is also available in the dashboard
- Assistance :
For all queries and doubts, assistance is provided via chatbot tutorials, videos, and FAQs. Immediate response will be provided in the case of any queries.
- ITR Filing :
The ITR will be processed immediately on the new income tax portal. Since the returns are processed fast, taxpayers will receive the refunds quickly as well.
- ITR Preparation Software :
An online and offline ITR preparation software will be available free of cost. Taxpayers who do not have any knowledge of tax or pre-filing can get help via the interactive questions that are present in the portal.