You have a PAN card but you might need some details corrected. Now especially when we are linking our PAN card with Aadhaar then any difference between the two can cause problems. Many people apply for PAN card correction to correct their date of birth, Father’s name and sometimes even their name. If you are looking to make corrections to your Pan card then you can apply online or offline,here is how
It is easy now to do everything online and applying for PAN card corrections is no different. So if you are net savvy and have e-signed documents or scanned documents then you can complete the process online. Else you can fill up the form, download it, attach suitable documents and courier or visit the PAN office. Read all the guidelines very carefully, Here are the steps to follow Read all the Guidelines Carefully. You can also convert the text in Hindi to read in Hindi Language.
1. Visit NSDL website online
2. Select the PAN Correction option, Fill in the personal details and you will be provided a token number before you fill the rest of the application
3. For changes in PAN data fill all the mandatory fields marked as *.
4. If you have selected this option 'Submit scanned images through e-Sign' then you will be directed to upload scanned documents - Proof of age, identity, address
5. If an individual applicant mentions Aadhaar number in the form, proof of Aadhaar along with supporting documents is mandatory.
6. If copy of Aadhaar is selected as proof of identity or address or date of birth, then it is compulsory to enter Aadhaar number.
If you are residing in India then the processing fee is Rs. 110. If the communication address is outside India then it will cost is Rs 1020. If you are submitting all your documents online then you need to pay through internet banking or credit/debit card, else you can pay by demand draft.
You need to save the payment acknowledgement and send it to NSDL e-Gov, attach 2 photographs on the space provided in the acknowledgment and cross-sign it ONLY with black ink. On the application cover, write 'Application for PAN change request' along with the acknowledgement number.
If this whole process of applying online sounds too difficult then there is another option. Many folks have chosen to hand over all the trouble involved in application by handing it over to a PAN card service agency. This comes at a additional cost. However, be careful when it comes to the fees. Some agencies advertise low fees but beware, there can be hidden costs so always make sure that there is no hidden charges me involved. It would be good to also check for online reviews. If you need PAN Card Services, here is more information.